Medicxi takes the issue of privacy seriously.
This Privacy Notice sets out the type of information Medicxi collects and how we collect, use and share this information in the course of operating our business.
Medicxi has offices in the United Kingdom, Switzerland and Jersey and, therefore, all our offices are either based within the European Union or in jurisdictions that have been deemed adequate for European Data Protection purposes.
What data do we collect?
We may collect the following types of data:
- Your contact details (name, job title, address, email addresses, telephone numbers).
- Information required to meet legal and regulatory requirements, in particular in respect of anti-money laundering legislation.
- Other information that you may provide to us directly or that is publicly available.
- If you are applying for a job with us, we may collect personal information relating to your previous employment, qualifications, your nationality and immigration/residential status and references from third parties.
Where do we obtain this data?
Medicxi will generally collect data directly from you but we may collect data from third parties or publically available sources such as internet, social networks or commercial registers.
What do we do with this data?
Medicxi may use this data:
- to perform a contract which we may have with you;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations (for example AML/KYC); and/or
- for other legitimate business interests
We will not use your data for any other purpose unless we have your consent.
How and why we share your data
We may share your data within the Medicxi group.
We may share your data with third party suppliers, advisers or contractors in connection with the processing of information for the purposes described above (e.g. our auditors, legal advisers or payroll provider(s) for administrative, payment, data processing or other business services). We will require data processing and protection provisions to be included in our contracts with such third parties to ensure that they process your data with the appropriate level of security and confidentiality as required for European Data Protection purposes.
We may transfer data to third party suppliers, advisers or contractors located outside the European Union. We will ensure that the countries in which such third parties operate have been confirmed by the European Commission as having adopted adequate laws and/or regulation in relation to the protection of personal data.
Nothing in the Privacy Notice shall restrict or prevent Medicxi from disclosing or transfering data to the extent required to do so by law, regulation or court order/regulatory authority.
How long will we hold this data?
We will retain your data for the duration of our business relationship and, thereafter, for as long as is reasonably required in order to fulfill legal, contractual or statutory obligations (including, if applicable, for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims) and/or where we have a legitimate business interest to do so.
What rights do you have in respect of this data?
In accordance with European Data Protection regulations, you have the following rights (each, a “Right”) in respect of your personal data:
- the Right to request details of your personal data that we hold and receive a copy of such details
- the Right to have any of your incorrect personal data corrected
- the Right to request that your personal data is deleted or that we cease processing your personal data
- the Right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data, where we rely on such consent
- the Right to have your personal data sent to yourself or another organization in machine readable format
- the Right to complain to the UK regulator at www.ico.org.uk (or any other European regulator, as applicable) if you believe that we are not complying with our relevant obligations for data protection purposes
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above or have any questions about our Privacy Notice please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may change our Privacy Notice from time to time. Please check this page from time to time to ensure you are aware of any changes that are adopted. We last updated this Privacy Notice on 24 May 2018.